What is Vision San Diego?
In short, Vision San Diego is a coalition of volunteer partnerships, including Faith Communities, Businesses, and Government, working together to serve the needs of our region.
Vision San Diego aims to provide a platform where people of good faith and goodwill can serve as volunteers to help meet needs. Our volunteers primarily come from local churches and faith communities. We are a coalition of caring people who are willing to volunteer and participate in solutions to the problems faced in our communities
Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Build loving relationships that are inclusive, not exclusive
- Encourage and support the success of others
- Have an attitude of gratitude
- Have something bigger than yourself to serve
Great Commandment: Love God and Love Your Neighbor. Loving your Neighbor includes,
- As servants, we realize that life is not all about us; it is about serving others
- As stewards, we realize that the San Diego region is on loan to us to nurture and support and leave better than we found it
- As shepherds, we realize everyone is important and in need of the basics: food, housing, medical care, a safe environment, education, productive work, energizing play, a healthy lifestyle, and the development of a moral compass